Are routine BugMaster Pest Control Treatments safe for my pets?
Posted July 11, 2012
We do NOT need you out of your house, the pets need only be kept away from the treated surfaces until they (the surfaces) are dry…and please cover the fish tanks. During your routine pest control visit we have implemented a lot of (IPM) methods. Integrated Pest Management is a way of protecting your home without having to apply unnecessary pest products. Pesticides are applied at low concentrations, usually less than 1%. These concentrations are high enough to be effective in killing small insects, but pose no threat to people or pets. Our pesticide mixtures are large enough so that it does not remain in the air for very long and there is little chance for exposure through normal breathing. Treated surfaces usually dry quickly also. The residue that remains on the surface will be toxic to insects, but presents no threat to people or their pets. It does not last very long, but long enough for it to effectively handle your insect problem. Plus, we are particular in applying products in cracks and crevices where your dogs and cats generally don’t frequent. Bottom line and just to be safe, keep your pets off any treated surface until it is dry, which generally takes 1-2 hours.
If a problem arises where we may need to do other treatments (or less routine treatments that may need a larger amounts of pesticides) we will inform you and have you make the necessary steps to protect your pets. If you have any specific concerns or questions, ask our technician for clarification. BugMaster has the best trained techs in the biz so we are glad to answer any questions you may have.
We know how important your pets are. They’re a part of your family. BugMaster ALWAYS makes it a priority to give our customers the best service, with the best value in the safest way possible. That’s Positive Pest Protection.