Tips for a Bug-Free Fourth of July
Posted July 3, 2012
Here’s a few common and not so common methods to keep bugs away for your Fourth of July celebrations:
- Line the perimeter with citronella candles or tiki torches filled with citronella torch oil. Not only will this cut down on bugs, but it also provides a beautiful glow to evening gatherings.
- Try the water in the hanging ziplock bag trick
- Use a mosquito fogger – like the SKEETER DEFEATER
- If there is an overhang or pergola of some kind over your dining area, mount a ceiling fan. The wind will discourage mosquitoes. You could even set up portable fans on your deck, patio or in the yard, but remember to be safe and use common sense when running your extension cords.
- Install a bat house in your yard for a great natural solution. Your nocturnal tenant will be more than happy to decrease the bug population!
- Create a container garden of plants with bug-repelling oils. This is so easy to do and will actually make your outdoor living area more attractive! Catnip, rosemary, marigolds, and citronella grass would all work well for this.
- Keep ants off your patio by drawing a chalk line around the perimeter.
Have a fun, safe and bug-free Independence Day!
If you need any advice, perimeter insecticides, baits, foggers or traps visit our new BugMaster Do It Yourself Pest Control Store now open in Daphne, Alabama. Call 251.626.6667 for information or visit bugmaster.com.
LIKE BugMaster on Facebook
Follow BugMaster on TwitterShare This Post: